One of our favorites! Another quick & easy one-pot dish. Panang curry powder is a smokey, mildly spicy red-colored Thai spice blend. If you like, kick up the heat with some Sriracha or Sambel Olek or similar. Change out the protein (chicken or tofu?) and veggies to your liking.
- raw shrimp, peeled & deveined (we buy frozen and defrost in fridge)
- fresh spinach, well rinsed
- zucchini, diced (1/2″ pieces)
- Panang red curry powder
- minced garlic
- healthy fat (we use olive oil)
- salt & pepper
Begin by rubbing your defrosted, cleaned shrimp with the Panang curry powder, set aside.
Place a few tablespoons of water in a deep, heavy pot, add a few cups of spinach (optional: salt, pepper) and wilt. Drain and remove spinach from the pot, chop finely and set aside.
In the same deep, heavy pot, heat your healthy fat. Add zucchini and sauté to half done. Add shrimp, more curry powder (to taste) and minced garlic. Cook, stirring continuously till shrimp just barely turns pink. (Be careful not to overcook the shrimp!) Add cooked, chopped spinach and toss.
Remove from heat and serve immediately.
- Kick up the heat by throwing in some Sriracha, Sambel Oelek or Garlic Chili when you add the shrimp to the pot.
- Add some lemongrass.
- This dish would also work well with chicken or tofu. Adjust your fat usage accordingly.
- Experiment with your choice of veggies.